Our Line of Tipping Bucket Rain Gauges
HyQuest Solutions America offers various models of high‐quality tipping bucket rain gauges for measuring rainfall and precipitation in urban and rural locations. They provide high levels of accuracy across abroad range of rainfall intensities. The tried and proven design ensures long‐term, accurate and repeatable results. The devices are manufactured from high quality, durable materials ensuring long‐term stability in the harshest of environments. Optionally they can be included in the autonomous real‐time rain monitoring and reporting system RainTrak Undercover with in‐built telemetry and logging.
As a result of continued R & D efforts aiming at improving the customer’s product experience, Hydrological Services America now presents a new generation of TB4 and TB6 tipping bucket rain gauges. The redesigned Series II excels with both new features and proven technology.
• Even longer life span
• Enhanced mechanical protection
• Turn TB4 or TB6 Series II into a fully autonomous self-reporting rainfall monitor
• Engineered to accept the next generation of tipping bucket mechanisms
WHICH IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED?
• Sturdy mechanical bucket protection: The wall protecting the key tipping bucket mechanism is now higher offering increased protection to the most elevated parts of the bucket.
• Long-Life pivots/bearings: The new Series II models now feature the same field-proven high-quality Sapphire pivots as found on the TB3. The Sapphire pivots are a stone and subsequently free from corrosion. Additionally, sapphires do not show any traces of wear and tear from bucket tips. This further extends the already impressive lifespan of the TB4 and the TB6 Series II.
• More spacious enclosure: The new more spacious enclosure makes life for service technicians easier. The increased space now provides ample room to host the the iRIS Undercover IP data logger as a component of our RainTrak solution. This option turns a TB4 or TB6 Series II into a fully autonomous self reporting rain monitoring station designed for harsh and remote environments. The RainTrak system consists of a 12 VDC SLA battery, solar panel and antenna to enable 4G wireless communication and remote sensor programming.
• Easy to install "round" design reed switch that is found on our TB3 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge