RQ-30a Non-Contact Discharge Radar Sensor
The RQ-30a and the RQ-30a-30m are sensors for continuous discharge measurement of rivers, open channels and canals with known cross-section profile. The sensors use innovative radar technology to measure velocity, water level and discharge. They enable reliable,… Read more
|Protection Class||IP 67|
|Temperature and Humidity||
|Material||Housing material powder-coated aluminum, vandalism-proof (stainless steel option available)|
|Dimensions and Weight||
|Water Level Measurement||
|Automatic vertical angle compensation||Accuracy +/- 1°, resolution +/- 0.1°|
The RQ-30a and the RQ-30a-30m are sensors for continuous discharge measurement of rivers, open channels and canals with known cross-section profile. The sensors use innovative radar technology to measure velocity, water level and discharge. They enable reliable, non-contact measurement without the need for structural work in the water.
Thanks to the non-contact radar technology the RQ-30a is not susceptible to contamination, debris or driftwood in the water. Furthermore, the non-contact measurement ensures very low maintenance and fail-safe operation especially during high water or flooding.
The RQ-30a can be simply mounted on bridges, on the roofs of closed canals or channel superstructures. Depending on the properties of the water surface the device can be installed in a height of 0.5 to 35 m. The RQ-30a is available in two versions:
- RQ-30a: water levels from 0 to 15 meters
- RQ-30a-30m: water levels from 0 to 35 meters
The measurable velocity range is between 0.10 and 15 m/s. Additionally the direction of flow is detected, enabling the operation in tide influenced rivers.
The non-contact radar technology determines the water surface flow velocity using the Doppler frequency shift method and furthermore the water level is established by a travel time measurement. With known cross section profile the discharge Q of the water is calculated.
- Non-contact, maintenance-free measurement system; no structural work needed
- Fully operating even in flood water situations
- Low power consumption enables operation using solar cells
- Detection of flow direction
- Recognition of hysteresis effects
- Measures in backwater situations
- Automatic installation angle correction
- Automatic discharge calculation based on hydraulic model with multiple k-factors
- Sensor self check with status and error output
- 3-point velocity calibration certificate
- Water level and velocity sensor combined in one weather and vandalism proof housing